Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY Gold Accents: Sea Shells

 Gold has definitely made its rounds in my room. Like many girls, my room is my pride and joy, so keeping it both stylish and neat is absolutely imperative. 










Today's DIY is extremely simple. Ill be taking old sea shells and polishing them with gold glaze. When all is done you'll end up with gorgeous shells. The glaze effortlessly makes the designs on each shell far more prominent.
You will need: 

Sea shells 

Gold glaze

Gloves 
Work surface (cardboard, plastic etc.) 
DIRECTIONS: 
1) Put on your gloves  
2) Over the surface, dip your fingers into the glaze and smear it all over the shell. I would recommend using small amounts at a time if you want it to dry quickly. However, because I want the shells to be incredibly gold, I soak the shells in the glaze. The only downside to this is the long wait time. I like to let the shells sit for about 2-3 days. Placing glaze on the top alone will cut down on the dry time. The bottom is less exposed to air, so undoubtably you would have to flip it over once the top is dry, doubling the dry time. 

3) Once your gorgeous shells have dried, place them in a glass jar or wherever you find it looks best! 


Best of luck my darlings. 

Yours truly,
   Aicha  



No comments:

Post a Comment